NMJS School Uniform
Clothes for School
Our school colours are dark green and grey. A simple school uniform is requested and welcomed by most parents. We believe it helps develop in the children, a sense of loyalty to their school and pride in their appearance. We would welcome your support in providing the following:
· Green sweatshirts, preferably with the school logo or dark green jumpers or cardigans
· A school tie
· Plain grey skirt or grey, non - flared trousers
· White shirts or blouses which should be tucked in at all times
· Grey or white socks
(‘Trainer socks’ with school shoes are not acceptable)
· Grey, green or black tights
(These must be ’non-transparent’ i.e. between 70 and 150 denier)
For the summer term, they may wear a white polo shirt without a tie, a green and white striped or checked summer dress, or plain grey shorts.
· Leather shoes of a ‘sensible’ school design either black or dark brown
Safety and care for your child’s feet, rather than fashion, should always be considered. To this end, the following styles of shoe are not acceptable:
· High heels (above 4cms)
· Trainers or plimsolls
· Sling back sandals
· Shoes with a flashing light
Children should wear winter uniform at the start of the Autumn Term.
You can buy fleeces with a school logo as an outdoor coat; however, most coats are fine for school wear, but casual or hooded jackets are not.
Outdoor clothes are not worn in class as the school is adequately heated.
In ‘wellington’ boot weather, children must change into their usual shoes in school.
A good tip is to have a clothes peg with the child’s name on it to keep the boots together.
Clothes for Games & PE
These should be sports kit. Beach or leisurewear is not acceptable. For reasons of health and safety, children should have a separate sports kit and change after games and PE. We share responsibility with you to encourage personal hygiene.
The following are suitable:
· Plain white T-shirt or sports shirt
· Plain black shorts - for safety reasons, children must be able to tuck their T-shirts into their shorts
· Sports socks
· Plimsolls for some indoor activities
· Trainers for outdoor games (football boots are sometimes useful if you already have them)
· Swimming costume/trunks - when required
· A tracksuit - to wear over shorts and top for outside games in the winter